Welcome to Fall 2023! Here’s a quick list of tips for a successful start to your semester. Bookmark these links or refer back to this page often!
10 Tips for a Great Fall 2023 Semester
From arriving on campus to finding your tribe, we’ve got you covered. Check out 10 tips from Austin Community College to help you get ready for a great semester!
Hidden First Toggle
1. Find Parking and Transportation
If you plan to drive to campus, you’ll need to get a FREE ACC parking permit. Order your parking permit online and pick it up in person for convenient parking at all ACC campuses.
Don’t want to fight traffic? Through ACC’s partnership with Capital Metro, you can request a FREE GreenPass from Capital Metro. These passes allow you to ride CapMetro buses and MetroRail for FREE!
2. Find My Entrance
All students, visitors, and employees must enter through designated Main Entrances on ACC campuses and centers. During your first week, you can find on-campus signs and ACC staff to help locate your Main Entrance and make it to class on time.
Stay up-to-date with ACC’s improved safety measures and opt-in for emergency alerts at the following links.
3. Find My Classes
Taking in-person classes? Most campuses have an easy-to-remember numbering style
- Example: Room 1314: Building 1000; 3rd Floor, Room 1314.
Quick Campus Directions
Every ACC campus is unique, so make sure to bookmark your campus page for important information you will need all semester, like building maps, department contact information, and campus hours. For your first week, take a quick look at where your campus’ classrooms, labs, and Student Life are located.
- Building 1000: Classrooms, Student Life, Testing Center
- Building 2000: Classrooms, Financial Aid, Learning Lab, Library
- Building 1000 & 2000: Adult Education, Classrooms, Library, Learning Lab
- Building 3000: Classrooms, Science Lab
- Building 8000 + 9000: Health Sciences Classrooms
- Building 1000: Classrooms, Learning Lab, Student Life, Library
- Building 2000 & 3000: Sustainable Agriculture, Veterinary Technology
- Building 1000: Classrooms, Learning Lab, Library, Student Life
- Public Safety Training Center: Emergency Vehicles Operations Course, Firing Range
- Building 1000: ACCelerator, Classrooms, Library, Student Life
- Building 2000: Adult Education, Black Box Theater, Classrooms, Eatery 73
- Building 4000: Bookstore, Classrooms, Computer Science/IT Labs, Fashion Incubator
- Building 1000: Classrooms, Student Life, Library
- Building 2000: Classrooms, Gym, Science Labs
- Building 3000: Under Construction
- Building 4000: Classrooms, Continuing Education, Learning Lab
- Building 3000: ASL Lab, Classrooms, Financial Aid, Learning Lab, ACCelerator
- Building 1000: Student Life
- Building A: Classrooms, Gym, Labs, Library
- Building B through E: Classrooms, Labs
- Building G: Bookstore, Classrooms, Learning Lab, Student Life
- Building H: Continuing Education Gateway
- Building 1000: Classrooms, Computer Center, Financial Aid, Library
- Building 2000: Bookstore, Classrooms, Learning Lab, Student Life
- Building 3000: Health Sciences Classrooms and Labs
- Building 5000: Applied Tech & Public Services Classrooms
- Building 8000: ACCelerator, Biology Lab
- Building 1000: ACCelerator, Classrooms, Library, Financial Aid, Student Life
- Building 1000: Classrooms, Financial Aid, Learning Lab, Student Life, Library
4. Find Community
There’s always something happening at ACC! Get involved and get active with your fellow Riverbats this semester by checking out student-led clubs, sports, and activities.
5. Find Financial Assistance
From financial aid, to scholarships, to tuition assistance and emergency funds, ACC has financial resources that will help you succeed.
Interest-free tuition payment plans are available to help you spread out the cost. Learn more about payment plans.
Remember to follow Austin Community College’s tuition deadlines to avoid being dropped from classes.
With 700+ personalized scholarship awards and growing, ACC has a scholarship for you! ! You can submit your ACC Foundation application today and automatically be applied to hundreds of scholarships for next semester.
Get started by finding your Financial Aid office on campus or reach out online.
6. Find Blackboard
How to keep track of classes, assignments, grades, and e-mails? Blackboard is the answer. Blackboard, MyACC, and Self-Service are the three most important applications you’ll need to stay on top of your classwork and degree requirements. Sign up for these services on the Current Students page where they can be found in the right-hand menu.
- Blackboard: Blackboard includes your class requirements, syllabus, homework assignments, grades, and class discussions. Get the Blackboard app for your phone for convenient access to your coursework.
- MyACC: Bookmark MyACC because you’ll be referring to it often. Use your student ID and password to log in, and you can access email, admissions, tuition and payments, and online support.
- Self Service: Self Service lets you plan classes and monitor your progress. You’ll use this app to refer to your class schedule and check on financial aid and other services.
7. Find My Bookstore
Where’s the bookstore? Besides parking, that might be the most important question! ACC’s online bookstore can fill all your needs for textbooks, class materials, and Riverbat swag. For in-person shopping for supplies (including snacks!), the following campuses have bookstores:
8. Find Wi-Fi, Support, and Accessibility Services
Need Wi-Fi? ACC has you covered. What about tutoring or career services? Take advantage of these resources to make sure you’re getting the most out of your college investment.
- Learning Labs: There are learning labs on every campus where you can find help with homework, computer resources, and a quiet place to study.
- Campus Library: Each ACC campus has a library with computer access for Microsoft Office and other applications. Students may also borrow textbooks for certain classes.
- ACCelerators: The Highland, Round Rock, Rio Grande, and San Gabriel campuses are home to ACCelerator computer labs where students can take classes, get tutoring, and access state-of-the-art technology.
- Free Tutoring: Each campus offers tutoring services in-person and online.
- Counseling Services: Attending college can be an exciting opportunity to learn and grow. It can also be stressful. ACC counselors understand and can help.
- Student Accessibility Services: ACC offers a number of accommodations and support services to make sure you succeed on your own terms.
- Start Here Student Wi-Fi: Follow these instructions for wireless access on any device. ACC also has a student support help desk for many IT issues.
9. Find My Calendar
Keep track of important dates and deadlines with ACC’s Spring 2023 calendars.
- Academic Calendar: Add and drop dates, schedule changes, tuition deadlines, and more.
- District Events Calendar: Everything that’s happening across the district, including student showcases like FlexFactory, transfer advising, food distributions, and more.
- Course Schedule: Whether your classes are online, in-person, or both, make it easy to keep track with your course schedule in Self-Service under Plan & Schedule.
10. Find Free Stuff (and Discounts)
- Borrow an iPad. Students can reserve an iPad, charging block, Bluetooth keyboard, and case for the semester.
- Drive-up Wi-Fi. Internet down at home? You can access Wi-Fi in the parking lot of many ACC campuses, which can help in a pinch.
- Adobe Creative Suite. ACC is an Adobe Creative campus. Students can get access to Adobe Creative Cloud for as little as $10 a semester.
- Microsoft Office Suite 365. Free for ACC students.
- Legal Services. Each semester ACC partners with Volunteer Legal Services and other legal resources to provide services to students.
- Money Management Help. Take control of your finances. Get personal finance advice and get free tips on banking, budgeting, and more.
What’s Happening at ACC
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We’re here to help. ACC’s Help Desk team can guide you to the information you’re seeking.