The ACC community and friends celebrate a $2 million renovation of the Rio Grande Campus, coinciding with the 15th anniversary of the 1972 election that created the college.
A Look Back…
The college made several upgrades to the building, which opened in 1916 as John T. Allen Junior High School and later was transformed into Austin High School.
The entire campus received a fresh coat of paint. Ceilings were lowered for better acoustics, and the heating, air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing systems were updated, all for a $2 million-and-under budget.
Source: Austin American-Statesman, December 9, 1987