Tips for Virtual Interview Recordings
Things to Know about the Virtual Interview Format
- Plan for a 30 minutes session
- Feel free to ask questions.
- Look at your interviewer’s eyes, not the microphone.
- Be yourself; you can laugh or even cry with your interviewer.
- Emotional questions like “how does this make you feel?” often elicit thoughtful responses. Don’t be afraid to answer truthfully.
- Be curious and honest.
- Remember, your interviewer will likely take notes while you’re talking. They will also keep time and monitor audio.
After the Recording
- You’ll be asked to send a high-resolution photo.
- You will be sent a digital copy for download after your recording is archived.
Questions to Guide Your Conversation
- When did you move to Austin?
- What brought you to ACC?
- Who was the most influential person during your time at ACC?
- What is your passion? How did ACC help you pursue this?
- What do you value most and why?
- How does ACC fit into your values?
- What were some memorable moments of your time at ACC?
- Can you think of any funny stories from your ACC journey?
- How would you describe ACC?
- Why do you want to share your story today?